Book Reviews

Hi Team,

It has been excellent to see all the regular reading you have been completing this year, so I thought it would be helpful to share reviews about the books we have been reading. We have access to so many books, and it can be difficult to know which ones would be enjoyable to read, so hopefully this page will help!

Please write reviews of the books your have read, both books you have and have not liked reading. Make sure you write a quality comment. Please include; the title and author, a brief summary of the plot, characters and setting (without giving too much away), comments on the strengths and weaknesses of the book and a rating.

If you have read any of the books reviewed on this page, please make comments on the post to share your own opinion of the same book.

Looking forward to reading your reviews!

Miss Koth 

12 thoughts on “Book Reviews

1. Hi 5RK!!!
    Today I’m writing a book review about my favourite book so far:Harry Potter and The Order Of The Phoenix. Harry Potter was written by J.K Rowling a famous author.
    This book is very interesting as it makes it seem like Harry is crazy and also Harry’s beloved god-father gets killed in a fight with the dark lord himself!!!
    The characters are Harry, Hermoine, Ron, Dumbledore, Voldermorte, Sirius Black, etc. Most of the story is based in Hogwarts school of witch craft and wizardry.
    I won’tell you anymore it’s all up to you to find out!!!
    Thanks for reading my quality comment!!!
    A.SO

2. Dear 5RK,
    I would like to write a book review on my favourite book, Harry Potter and the deathly hallows. The reason I am reviewing this book is because that I think it is a epic conclusion on the Harry Potter series.

I really like the finale battle between Harry Potter and Voldemort, it really hooked me in and made me want to keep reading! I am sure that will make you hair stand on one end!

I hope you will check it out and enjoy it as much as I did.
    Happy reading!
    T.Lu

3. Dear 5RK!
    I would like to by write a book review on one of my favorite books ever, GRIMSDON by a famous Australian author Deborah Abela.
    Some of the characters include Xavier, Griffin and Isabella.
    My favorite part was at the end when the two enemies join forces at the end
    Thanks for reading
    K.C

4. Dear 5RK,
    I have read all the Harry Potter books (I finished the last one last weekend) and would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes scary adventure stories. I found the last book the scariest and most intriguing. I did really like the way J.K. Rowling finished the series – it was a great ending! I enjoyed all of the characters and the way they developed throughout each book. I’m sad now that I have finished them all. I wish she’d write another story about Harry Potter!!
    Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy my thoughts!
    M.B.

5. Dear 5RK
    The book I am reading at the moment that I recommend is the TOM GATES series. It is funny and makes you want to know what happens next. I don’t want to give to much away but TOM is a young boy living an epic life and the series is just about is everyday life and his weird family.
    Hopefully you like my post and read the TOM GATES series.
    Thank you for reading.
    C.Y.C

• Hi 5RK
      I also read the Tom Gates series. It is VERY FUNNY and it is very interesting. I loved reading it and was so upset when I finished.
      Thanks for reading.
      M.B

6. Hi 5RK,
    I would like to write a book review on Deltora Quest by Emily Rodda. I have read it twice and have really enjoyed it. Lief, Barda and Jasmine go through heaps of challenges, puzzles and mysteries that lead them into heaps of danger. There are about 1800 pages in this book so it takes a few months to read the whole thing. If you don’t like reading this isn’t the book for you! Emily Rodda has made so many weird strange creatures and sometimes there are about 10 charaters discussing things at once! You have to have a good memory to read this book otherwise you’ll forget all the characters. Overall, I think this book is great and I hope you read it.
    E.J

7. Hi 5RK,
    I would like to write a book review on the Horrible Histories series. This book is unbelievably true. They talk about really horrible things. It is also really funny and teaches you a lot. I just read the The Frightful First World War and have learnt so much e.g.Soldiers had an average of twenty lice crawling all over them and women who worked with TNT explosives were called canaries because the fumes from the explosives turned their hair yellow. I have really enjoyed this series and have definitely learn a lot. This book is also pretty horrible but not too bad. There is also a TV series that is also really interesting. Overall these books are the funniest most interesting history books you’ll ever read!
    E.J

8. Hi Fellow Bloggers,
    I would like to make a book review on the Hunger Games series. The books are sad but also packed full of excitement and action. You never know what will happen next. Whether the book is happy or sad, you just want to read on. It’s that intriguing! The book can be a bit scary at times but everything seems fine when there is a resolution. I hope i haven’t given to much away and that you start reading the awesome series.
    Thanks everyone that is reading!
    E.C

• Dear Readers,
      Thanks E.C for requesting a series.
      I also think you should read and watch the hunger games and other ones called, Catching Fire, Mockingjay. Movie coming out November! :):):)
      Thanks A.J.S!

9. Dear world,
    I would like to recommend a thrilling and exciting series to you. As you know, there are many people who have responded about Harry Potter.
    Harry Potter is a breath-taking series about a boy who has to face his fears and conquer the deadly wizard Voldermort. It starts of with Harry landing on his uncles doorstep and later on, he finds himself at Hogwarts, school of witchcraft and wizardry.
    On the other behalf, there is good news after reading the Harry Potter series. J.K. Rowling( The author) is going to write a new series.
    Loose your self in this hair rising, gripping adventure that a boy has to undertake!
    Thank’s for reading,
    A.SO

10. Dear fellow bloggers
    Last week I started reading the dork diaries series. I really enjoy the books as she talks about her life and how she handles with it. I believe that if you read the first book and really like it there are 7 other books to read. I like these books because you don’t have to read them in order. This is some basic information about the book
    -there is a girl writing this diary
    – She attends a school called WCD
    -and there is a mean girl in the name Mackenzie
    And the rest is up to you to find out so why don’t you try out the books.
    C.Y.C