Semester 1 Learning Goals

Hi Team!

On this page we will be posting our Semester 1 Learning goals. As these are our first independent blog posts, we will need to ensure that they follow our ‘Quality Commenting’ guidelines – and set the standard for the year!

I look forward to reading your fantastic learning goals for this term!

Miss Koth

18 thoughts on “Semester 1 Learning Goals

1. Dear Miss Koth,
    I am very excited for grade 5. Especially because it’s the second last year until grade 5s are going to another school.
    My goal for this term is to use word problems to improve my math problem solving skills.
    I will achieve this goal by trying to finish my work on time no matter what.
    I will also achieve this goal by practising math problems solving skills every day.
    Finally, I will achieve this goal by buying books and search online for things that will help my problem solving skills.
    I know I will achieve this goal and have a wonderful year.
    T.Lu

2. Dear Miss Koth and 5RK,
    This term I am really excited about at improving my English in all areas. I am also really excited about all the fun activities that we do like camp, going on excursions and playing with our buddies.
    My goal for this term is to improve on my handwriting. I want to have consistently neat handwriting so that it is clear and it makes sense.
    My first step to achieving this goal is to practise all the time. I will practise at home, at school and in my spare time.
    I think it is really important to take my time in my handwriting so that I make sure that I am not rushing my work.
    My last step will be to contribute this to all my handwriting. I will also ask someone older than like my parents or grandparents if I need help.
    I hope to be able to achieve this goal so I can have really neat handwriting. When I achieve this goal I will be really happy.
    K.C

3. Dear World,
    I am interested in all of the different topics we are learning about in maths.
    My goal for this term is to gain more self confidence.
    To achieve this goal I would stand up for myself and have my own opinion about things.
    Another way is to have more confidence to talk to different people.
    I will also do this by trying public speaking and practise a lot.
    I hope I achieve this goal and enjoy the rest of the term and thanks for reading!
    JA

4. Dear 5RK and Miss Koth,
    This term I am excited about helping my buddy throughout the year. I would love to be a great role model for my buddy and help her with whatever she needs.
    My goal for this term is to be able to punctuate my narratives properly.
    Some of the things I will do to achieve this goal include to use more exclamation marks and commas in my writing.
    Secondly if there is a punctuation option in home learning I will try my best and complete it.
    Lastly I will buy books about punctuation to help my understanding of punctuation.
    I hope to achieve my goals of punctuation soon.

C.Y.C

5. Dear Fellow bloggers
    I am excited this term about all the fun things we do like meeting are buddies.
    My goal this term is to achieve higher in algebra by doing different operations to solve the sum.
    Some of the ways I can achieve it is finding different strategies from different people.
    Secondly I can concentrate more in lessons when we do algebra so I can hear and see new operations.
    Last but not least I can go on Manga High and Mathletics on the internet at home and play algebra games. Thank you for reading T.P

6. Dear Awesome People that are reading this,
    I am really excited about making this blog interesting and getting more people to enjoy it.
    My goal for this term is to use more adjectives.
    1. I need to make my adjectives fit correctly in to my narratives correctly.
    2. I need to use adjectives when I do my narratives to make them more interesting
    3. I want to use bigger adjectives whenever it is possible.
    I am looking forward to keep posting:)
    Ab.S

7. Dear 5RK and Miss Koth,
    This term I am excited about doing activities with my buddies and teaching them new things.
    My goal for this term is to use more adjectives in my creative writing.
    I will achieve my goal by reading and listening to other people’s creative writing at school.
    I will also look in a thesaurus instead of writing words like said, bad, good, sad, little, big and happy.
    Finally I will read magazines and books with lots of adjectives.
    I’m looking forward to achieve my goal.
    G.V

8. Dear World,
    I am interested in this blog and how much everyone will enjoy it.
    My goal for this term is to improve on my punctuation, mainly my capital letters and commas.
    Some of the things I will do to achieve my goal are to:
    Pick the right options in home learning
    Focus more on punctuation when reading
    Write words over and over with punctuation.
    I know I will achieve my goal by the end of term 1.
    A.SC

9. Hi 5RK,
    I am excited about starting a new school year and can’t wait until the Foundation start having recess and lunch at the same time as us.
    My goal for this term is to have neat handwriting in everything I do and have the right size spaces between words.
    To work towards this goal, I will join my words even if I am rushing to finish my work on time. I can do this by planning my time out better.
    I will also reach my goal by trying not to fit so many words on one line if there is not enough room.
    The last way that I will achieve my goal is by choosing a handwriting option in Home Learning if there ever is one. This will be some extra practise.
    I am looking forward to having perfect handwriting by the end of term 1 and I know that I will enjoy the rest of the year.
    E.C

10. Hi 5RK,
    I am excited about starting a new school year with all of you guys. I think it will be fantastic and we’ll have a lot of fun learning things.
    My goal for this term is to make my complications more interesting.
    Some of the things that I will do to achieve these goals are:
    1. I will practice different complications everyday
    2. I will also do this by practising hooks. To hook in the reader.
    3. I will also plan my complications using descriptive language
    I’m looking forward for the rest of the year with all of you.
    A.SO

11. Hello 5RK
    I am very excited about being in ANOTHER writing workshop for about 5 more weeks! I am also very happy about being a buddy. My goal for this term would be to have smaller and neater handwriting so it can be easily read. Something I can do to contribute to my goal would be to buy a handwriting booklet. In my spare time I practise some strokes I’m working on. Over time I might be able to keep track of my handwriting is going along. I am looking forward spending the rest of the year with the best teacher ever-Miss Koth.
    D.M

12. Dear Miss Koth
    I am excited about 2014 and I am excited to learn with you Miss Koth and 5RK.
    My goal for this term is: To understand how to use operations in division problems.
    1. Some of the things I will do to achieve my goal are to stay focused on division problems.
    2. I will also do this by focusing on multiplication and solve division backwards.
    3. I will achieve this goal by practicing a lot and thinking.

I’m looking forward to achieving this goal.
    From BA

13. Dear 5RK and Miss Koth,
    I am very excited about doing this blog and getting people to enjoy it.
    My goal for this term is to improve my tense.
    To do that I will:
    1.Practise them at home.
    2.Read more stories.
    3.Write more stories.
    4.Talk in the right tense when I am speaking.
    I really want to achieve this goal by the end of Term 1!
    S.T

14. Hello 5RK,
    I am excited about learning new things in Year 5. I am interested by the things we learn.
    My goal of this term is to improve my spelling.
    I will do this by:
    – Writing all of the words I don’t know.
    – Look, cover, write, check.
    – Do my spelling test and get them all correct.
    I hope I get better and I know I will improve.
    K.H

15. Dear fellow bloggers,
    I am excited about Year 5 camp and spending more time with my buddy. My goal for this term is to improve on connecting the letter ‘e’ with other letters. Some of the things I will do to achieve this goal are to practise at home or in my spare time. Ask an adult to give me a word to spell that has the letter ‘e’ in it. Use the dictionary to look up words that have a letter ‘e’ in it and write it out on a piece of paper.
    I hope to achieve this goal by the end of the term and have lots of fun this year.
    O.L

16. Dear 5RK,
    I can’t wait until it is halfway thought the term because it will be really fun.
    My goal for this term is to improve my spelling.
    1. Practise at home and at school, every week.
    2. Do extra activities or extra work.
    3.To try and not look at the words and spell it.
    I’m looking forward to enjoying the year 2014 and achieving my goal.
    By MM.

17. Dear Miss. Koth,
    I am very excited to be in Year 5. My goal for this term is to develop my understanding of analogue time. Some of the things I will do to help my analogue time are:
    1. Some of the things I will do to help my skills in analogue time is to practise.

2. I will achieve my goal by practising, testing my analogue skills and hopefully much, much more on my journey to learning time.

3. I will also do this by asking my parents to give me some problems on analogue time.

I am looking forward for the rest of the year with my fellow class mates. S.Z.Y.

18. Hi 5RK,
    I am excited to start looking after our own buddies and work with them for the next two years.
    My goal for this term is to plan my narratives so my writing makes more sense and I can write it faster because I don’t have to think as much.
    One thing I will do to achieve this goal is to write a narrative and also use my writing book at home.
    I will also ask an adult for advice when I am stuck and need help and they will hopefully give me advice on how to improve it.
    The last thing I will do is remember to use who, what, when, where and why when I am writing an orientation. I can’t wait to start using a chosen structured plan.
    I am looking forward to working with you this year.
    Bye MB